Marriage for Canadian citizens

Marriage with a woman from the ex Soviet Union (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania etc.) in 2 days!

Dear groom, you should know that:

  1. Marriage in Czech Republic is very easy, legal and quick. You will need for it only 2-3 days.
  2. The documents from Russia, Ukraine, Moldova do not need an Apostille. To get married in Prague for your bride it’s enough to have a Shengen visa!!! No need to apply for the fiancee visa!
  3. Marriage in Czech Republic is recognized by all countries (including Canada).

What do you need for marriage registration?

  1. For a personal consultation please contact us: here is our contact.
  2. Please, send us a scanned copy of your documents:
    1. Copy of your passport (copy of the first page);
    2. Birth certificate and divorce certificate (if you had a divorce);
    3. Certificate of marital status (this document you can get in Prague);
    4. Application form;
    5. A statutory declaration that can be found at the embassy site
  3. Please fill in the application form and tell us the date of your registration.
  4. We process your documents and book the date of marriage registration. We need only 2-3 days to prepare your wedding.
  5. It’s enough to come to the Czech Republic only for two working days. You will have the following program:
    • from 9:00 am to 11:00 am - visiting the Canadian consulate,
    • from 12:00 pm to 13:00 pm visiting the foreign police.
    • your wedding will be on the next day. On the ceremony there will be a translator into Russian, English, French or another language (as you choose).
  6. We legalize and translate the Czech marriage certificate for Canada; it means that marriage certificate is completely valid!


Mind that there are additional fees:

The newlyweds who are going to live in Canada after the wedding should know, that they need two additional copies of marriage certificate. It must be legalized by the Magistrate of Prague, the Foreign Ministry and the Canadian Consulate in CR, and translated into English in the Canadian consulate in Prague. One of the marriage certificates will be for Canada and the second one will be for the Canadian Embassy in Russia (or Belarus or Ukraine etc). The second one your wife needs to get the visa to Canada. 

So it means that “Canadian” couples pay extra 4000 CZK (about 150 euro).

  • Super legalization in the Canadian Embassy and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Prague (if your birth certificate was issued in Canada), cost of this procedure is 1600 CZK / page (about 60 euro).
  • Divorce certificate (if you had a divorce) also must be legalized in the Canadian Embassy and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Prague. It costs 1600 CZK / page (about 60 euro).

When you come to Prague, you have to visit the Canadian Embassy for your document’s legalization. There you have to pay consular fees.

* The third copy of marriage certificate is in original; it is legalized and translated into Russian for the passport service (it’s included in the wedding package).


Below is information from the official website of the Canadian Embassy in the Czech Republic:

Marriage Formalities in Czech Republic in Prague:

This information is given on a non-official basis and is subject to change by the authorities. For further information, please contact the Civil Registry, the Church where the marriage is to be performed or the nearest Embassy / Consulate in Canada. Please be advised that Canadian diplomatic and consular officers are not permitted under the law of Canada to solemnize marriages nor can they allow the solemnization of marriages in the diplomatic / consular premises.

Address, telephone, fax, email in the Czech Republic:

Muchova 6
160 00 Prague 6
Czech Republic
Tel.: (420) 27 210 1800
Fax: (420) 27 210 1890
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.